Save a Dive Kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd like to take it the other way around: these are the incidents I can recall:
  • Lost 1 prescription mask in the current (mask on forehead): dire consequence: on the subsequent dive, I had my spare, non-prescription mask, saw a very large fish, turned to my wife, made the shark sign, and she said no. Upon surfacing, she told me it was a marlin. Darn! The only time I saw one, I didn't have my "eyes".
  • The wife broke 1 mask strap, replaced with a spare.
  • Broke 2 fin straps on 2 consecutive dives. The spare straps don't fit well because they're 10 years older, but OK enough to finish the holidays.
  • Drowned 2 cameras: it's the Almighty's will, don't bother trying to prevent it.
  • Son #1 drowned his dive light, same as above.
The morale of the story: I have 2 tupperware clones, 1 with the soft spares such as straps, o-rings, grease, etc.. that I carry all the time, 1 with the hard spares with tools and such I only carry if weight is not a problem. I do carry a full spare reg, but never got to use it. YMMV.

cue why I only use my RX max in caves quarries and pools... El cheapo $20 mask for ocean diving

Oh, I usually dive a Transpac usually so I bring stab plates with me in mine if I'm diving sidemount. Gives option to dive doubles or singles if I need to
My SM thing also has a normal length HP hose for the same reason.

I carry more extras of stuff if I know I'm going to be with inexperienced divers who may or may not have any save a dive kit

Try searching on the subject. There are numerous extensive threads on this subject.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom