Saturday's (1/10) Maui dive photo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I ran into Tortuga out on the ocean and we kayak dived a spot I nicknamed "Lobster City". I didn't get any photos worth posting so this is another archive photo that I removed the background from. I'm certain Tortuga will have some pics as he was "clicking away" with his wide angle lens.

What I love about these creatures (Hawaiian Swimming Crab) is their eyes :eyecrazy:

011004.jpg

I don't blame ya...cool eyes!

Hmm, I am very jealous now that I am land-bound for awhile. Must be nice to just go out there and happen to run into your fellow diver. I have seen some swiming crabs on the water surface as they swam by our boat. I think I will have to try to look at them more closely. Usually they swam by after I glutted myself with a big lunch and ready for my off gassing nap before the afternoon dive :)

Hey Gilligan- Good job of isolating that crab! I really like that effect and do it myself a lot.

Yeah, we had a good dive at Gilligan's "lobster city." Although it may be our last for a while as a huge swell is heading our way.

As we decended to lobster city:

lobcity.jpg

my attempt at CFWA with Gilligan as a model:

gilCUWA.jpg

the ultimate golf hazard. "Lose something? Come on, make my day!"

golfhazard.jpg

LOL...I was so busy checking out Gilligan's gear, fins and camera...I almost missed the Moray Eel!

Yep, I'd call that second shot a defonate water hazard! Cool shots, Tortuga

Tortuga,

Love the shot with Gilligan, It a bit of everything. Especially Love the eel.

Yup, the bad weather is here. No diving today and it doesn't look good for the rest of my off days either.....rats. Any chance of you guys paddling this way?

Lisa

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom