Saturday flight 8PM arrival - car rental options at or across from airport?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_bayer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a flight coming into Cozumel at 8PM on a Saturday. Are there any rental shops open Saturday evening or should I just grab a cab to the hotel and reserve the rental for the next day? The flight out is also late at 9PM so again I'm not sure about the return option either. Hopefully I'll be at the Blue Angel.

Thanks - Mike

Thrifty is across the road. You can check their hours. Hertz and possibly one more (Avis?) had counters at the airport.

If no one is open, sounds like a trip to your hotel first. Then verify their hours for the return to decide how to handle that.

This Sat or the next? We'll be on that nasty flight a week this Sat. Get your self a
Cabeau Evolution Neck Pillow on amazon.ca

for the 2:45am arrival back in YYZ!!! -heard stories that it's possible customs won't let you through if your luggage gets stuck on the plane if the baggage handlers went home!:confused:

I managed to swing 3 biz seats on Aeroplan, our flight is half empty, both ways. No surprise given the horrendous flight time...

We decided to pay for an extra night at our condo so we aren't homeless for 9-10 hours on our last day given 10am checkout, 7pm arrival at CZM.

We have done this late night flight on AC several times and have never had to worry about getting into the airport or getting our luggage. This has been Air Canada's direct flight to/from Coz for years.

We actually moved here to Cozumel on the one way biz class which was really nice. You get off the plane first and get through immigration pretty fast; especially when there is only 1 or 2 immigration agents.

Thanks! Read on TA about the customs story. I didn't even realize the airport was open that late until I booked this flight.

We did an ACVacations package back in 2008 or 09 and I don't remember getting back this late. I do remember the flight was late and there were a LOT of families from the east coast that all missed their connections. A lot of tired little children. I guess AC put them in hotels but that had to have been a major hassle.

I would grab a shuttle to BA and arrange for a car ,from Isis, the next day after diving. They will come and fetch you from BA and you will know the true cost, in advance, as they do not play gottcha Insurance games at the counter, or any post rental 'damage' games.

Thanks everybody! Last march I booked the Coral Princess with Orbitz and got the car from Avis for almost nothing extra.

Maybe I'll just rent from Monday to Friday and take the shuttle and taxi to and from the airport. Hertz, Thrifty and Avis are quoting $140-$160 for five days rental. I've got one of those elite travel cards which includes car rental insurance. I know if I have an accident, I have to pay up front and claim it after with the insurance. I always do a quick video around the car before and after to be safe.

Am I really better off with isis or should I just reserve with one of the big guys and pick it up downtown or the cruise ship pier?

thanks - Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom