Sartek question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jd950

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
The Sartek EBL lights look like have some sort of clear material for the head of the light. Is it Delrin or something else?

To me, it looks kind of cheap and my mental image of clear plastic is of a brittle, fragile kind of plastic. I find it hard to beleive that Sartek would use something that is crap, though. Some pictures of the lights seem to show a black head. Have they cahnged or is it just the differnce between a light that is on vs. one that is off?

Thanks.

The Sartek EBL lights look like have some sort of clear material for the head of the light. Is it Delrin or something else?

To me, it looks kind of cheap and my mental image of clear plastic is of a brittle, fragile kind of plastic. I find it hard to beleive that Sartek would use something that is crap, though. Some pictures of the lights seem to show a black head. Have they cahnged or is it just the differnce between a light that is on vs. one that is off?

Thanks.

The light has some type of plastic head that screws on much like the UK heads or Photon Torpedo and Salvo Rat. This appears to be very solid and I do not see it as an issue. There is then a black rubber piece that slips over the head.

Thanks.

Hi, The clear material is Polycarbonate, the same material that they use in bulletproof windows, the EBL2200 lens has been depth tested to over 1000'. The light is warranteed against material and workmanship defects for as long as you own it. The black cover is a slide-on friction cover that is also useful for limiting side scatter of light. All the EBL2200s come with the cover, which can easily be put on or removed in a second.
Regards, Carl

Thanks Carl. From what I have read, you have some really nice lights. How well does the black cover stay on when subjected to hanging off of a D ring or taken in and out of a BC pocket? Or is it too early to know?

Hi CarlS. I have a question on your EBL2200LI

It states on your site that is produces 220 lumen and...

The EBL2200LI produces a painfully bright beam for over 24 hours and will continue to produce usable light for more than 500 hours on a single rechargeable Lithium Ion battery.

Now it looks like it uses a 18650 Li Ion cell. The largest capacity of which I have seen is 3000mah.

I assume you use Cree XR-E LEDs. These require about 1000ma to make 220 lumen (depending on bin). So the battery should only last 3 hours. Yet your web site claims 24 hours.
How is this possible?

Thanks Carl. From what I have read, you have some really nice lights. How well does the black cover stay on when subjected to hanging off of a D ring or taken in and out of a BC pocket? Or is it too early to know?

Hi, The cover has two ways of being used, it has a small opening and a large opening.
If it placed from the front with the small opening in the front, it is easily removable during the dive, if it placed on from the back of the light it will only be removable from the back or by unscrewing the head and thereby be more secure.
Regards, Carl

Hi CarlS. I have a question on your EBL2200LI

It states on your site that is produces 220 lumen and...

Now it looks like it uses a 18650 Li Ion cell. The largest capacity of which I have seen is 3000mah.

I assume you use Cree XR-E LEDs. These require about 1000ma to make 220 lumen (depending on bin). So the battery should only last 3 hours. Yet your web site claims 24 hours.
How is this possible?

Hi, Yes, you are correct it uses a 18650, as stated on the website it will produce 2-3 hours at full output and still be extremely bright after 24 hours and still produce enough light weeks later to read text in a dark room (useful for cave divers).
Regards, Carl

Back
Top Bottom