Sartek lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

danktex

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am in the market for an HID can light and am interested to see what people feel about Sarteks screw top and rotary switch. Better, worse or the same performance as competitors clip tops and toggle switches? Also, I am interested in the 21/13 watt switchable head, the thinking being the 13 watt setting might be better for tropical night dives and the 21 for everything else. Doesn't seem like many people own Sartek lights, any reason why?

danktex:
I am in the market for an HID can light and am interested to see what people feel about Sarteks screw top and rotary switch. Better, worse or the same performance as competitors clip tops and toggle switches? Also, I am interested in the 21/13 watt switchable head, the thinking being the 13 watt setting might be better for tropical night dives and the 21 for everything else. Doesn't seem like many people own Sartek lights, any reason why?

I've owned a 18W Sartek for about six years. It's been all over the Caribbean, Mexico caves, and Scotland.The only time it ever failed was when one of the wires broke free of the switch. Otherwise excellent. As far as the new style, sorry I can't help.

danktex:

Hi Danktex,

Feel free to look in to Green Force. If you have any questions feel free to contact me, we have both 10 and 21 watt HID.

Thanks - Greg

danktex:

I have owned lights by dive rite, oms, greenforce, sartek, and Halycon, the only ones I still dive are the lights by Sartek... I have 3 X 18w Hids (1 was converted to a brightstar), and LED backup lights

My "satisfaction" scale was as follows

Sartek
Diverite
OMS
Green Force
Halycon

I just bought a Sartek 10w HID. I will let you know what I think after a couple of dives. Looks like Christmass came early this year.

padiscubapro:
I have owned lights by dive rite, oms, greenforce, sartek, and Halycon, the only ones I still dive are the lights by Sartek... I have 3 X 18w Hids (1 was converted to a brightstar), and LED backup lights

My "satisfaction" scale was as follows

Sartek
Diverite
OMS
Green Force
Halycon

Most reviews about Sartek and GF are pretty much same though...
What happened on our GF light? If you don't mind, I would like to hear your story about GF light.:confused:

Thanks in advance,

hoosier:
Most reviews about Sartek and GF are pretty much same though...
What happened on our GF light? If you don't mind, I would like to hear your story about GF light.:confused:

Thanks in advance,

Didn't care for the battery pack design, plus had leaks...

Oxycheq used to sell GF lights but decided against reneweing his distributorship due to problems.. Not long after this another distributor picked up GF..

Great lights and great service. I have an older 10W HID that I have upgraded over time - hole and pin in bottom screw cap added to ease unscrewing after a dive (done at no charge), upgrade to rotary switch and straight sealing gland (charged, but reasonable). My light had flooded once from the switch boot. Light was checked and cleaned at no charge. Easy company to deal with.

I also bought the 4W LED light as a backup. Great light and very durable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom