Sardine Run 2014

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thesighter

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I am hoping to do the Sardine Run this year.

Suggestions appreciated on good dive operators, when to go (late jun or july? how do you determine timing?), length (1 or 2 weeks?), other places to dive in South Africa, etc.

Thanks!

Hey there,

I have not done the Sardine Run yet, but planning to maybe do it next year once I have a few more dives under my belt.

Out of all the research I have done online, I found this: Sardine Run | South Africa Dive Tour Packages | Shark Bookings. Did a little bit of research online and these guys seems to be the best. It is a bit expensive, but it may be easier on your pocket due to the exchange rate.

I would also take a few days and do some diving in Sodwana Bay. I do have a favourite operator, but will let you decide. All the operators in Sodwana are very good and provide friendly and efficient service. If you want any of my opinions, you are welcome to drop me a PM. You can find some more information here: Sodwana Bay- Diving and Fishing Paradise.

Please let us know about your trip!

We were at aliwal last year with hopes that the run would come further north. Unfortunately, it did not come our way. Had some fantastic dives there anyway and I managed to get my nitrox cert in that time. Raggie's were everywhere we went. Look up oceanworx for their sardine run trips. They will take you to the run if it does come. Had a great experience with the operation. We didn't do the sardine run trip they offer due to time constraints. You might get lucky enough.

Other than the sardine run, Aliwal shoal and protea banks are great for shark diving that time of the year. Sodwana is a little far north but the diving is good with some good ops too. Triton is not bad and always had a good time with adventure mania. Hope you come here and have a great time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom