Santi vs DUI: a new drysuit choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was contacted my OceanEdge Outfitters and asked to tell the truth about my awful Santi experience. The truth is, that I am a totally unsatisfied customer, and Santi doesn't care. I think that says the most about them because DUI will work with you until you are happy with your custom sizing.
The more detailed truth is that I had anxiety about purchasing the Santi suit because several people in the area had problems. I spoke to OceanEdge about it, and they gave me their word that if it wasn't right they would take care of it. Further they gave me their word to take me direct because quite frankly the local dive shop was sick of so many unsatisfied customers. OceanEdge doesn't seem to get that, and doesn't care they are causing an issue for their end user (the dive shop).
The suit arrived and is bulky, not form fitting, and doesn't seem to fit me properly on inside my suit properly. After months of OceanEdge not doing anything to rectify the situation, I sent them a message telling them they broke their word.
They further, forwarded my email to the dive shop. Demonstrating once again, it wasn't their problem and maybe the dive shop should take care of it. The dive shop chalked up the suit and is sending it back for repairs. The dive shop will likely take care of the shipping and all the hassel, once again even though they told OceanEdge from the beginning they didn't want to do this again.
OceanEdge maintains they did nothing wrong. And me, as the customer maintains there is no point in purchasing a Santi suit. They don't know how to cut a bust line, they don't know how to cut custom products. The BARE 400 fits in my suit, so does the DUI so to blame anything other than Santi's incompetence is just not the truth. Santi can't cut custom suits and has no customer service. Take your money elsewhere.

First off, I am not calling you a liar. I do not know much about their customer service or their custom work. My Santi was a stock size of the wall in the LDS. It was just a bit big for me but the price was waaaaaaay to good to pass up. The quality is great and I am very happy with mine.

I thank you for posting your experience. People need to hear both the good and bad about any manufacturer. If only the cheerleaders post, then it is no longer of any value to a new customer.

Odd but my experience has been the polar opposite... Unsure who you delt with and you did not mention where you are which indicates you are a Yank more than likely.

Let's make that assumption. My experience with both the Santi folks in Europe AND the guys here in North America is that they are very, very customer oriented. In fact the NA distributor has posted several times in this tthread which helps to underpin my experiences with them... and I declare a slight conflict of interest here, because I regard both principals in that company as mates; however, consider too that I am an ambassador for a totally different line of drysuits!

Since the OP wanted a direct comparison between DUI and Santi, I have no isses at all strongly recommending Santi... and keeping quiet about other options! LOL!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Doppler,

Thank you for the kind words and sharing your personal experience. It really means so much to us and we will continue to provide great customer service to all of our customers!

---------- Post added February 19th, 2013 at 01:09 PM ----------

First off, I am not calling you a liar. I do not know much about their customer service or their custom work. My Santi was a stock size of the wall in the LDS. It was just a bit big for me but the price was waaaaaaay to good to pass up. The quality is great and I am very happy with mine.

I thank you for posting your experience. People need to hear both the good and bad about any manufacturer. If only the cheerleaders post, then it is no longer of any value to a new customer.

Dsix36,

Thank you for sharing your personal experience with the SANTI Brand.

Vsyoung,

Granted, there are 3 sides to every story, our views on what happened are polar opposites. This is not going anywhere publicly and I would rather not continue it here on SB. You have our email address and phone number, please contact us so we can get you squared away.

Thank you,

Concerning the measurment for a MTM suit, if the said measurment are done with a small underwear/skin, how do you account for the big underwear like the weezle extrem plus?

Concerning the measurement for a MTM suit, if the said measurement are done with a small underwear/skin, how do you account for the big underwear like the Weezle extreme plus?

Hi Xaryo,

SANTI drysuits are cut to accommodate a BZ400 unless the diver tells us that the thickest undersuit they would wear would be "fourthelement Arctic, or DUI Power stretch 300, or SANTI BZ200 etc..). There is an area on the MTM form for order comments.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Stay Dry!

Back
Top Bottom