Santi options for Drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

exposure

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hello there,

I am on the market for a Santi Drysuit, either emotion or emotion+ and I'd like to have your view on a choices for some options.
1) Rock Boots versus Flexsole?
2) Inflation valve, Apeks or Si-Tech?
3) Exhaust valve, Apeks low profile, Apes high profile or Si-Tech?

Thanks for sharing your view on these 3 items.

Yvan

My choice was the Flexsole for a couple of reasons. One. the Flexsole was more comfortable and allowed me to use a couple other fins I have. At the time I didn't see myself walking over rocky or difficult terrain with that suit.
Hindsight I would have stayed with a rock boot since they are on a couple other suits I own. One issue I am noticing with Flexsole is the stitching on the velcro is starting to break where it is attached to the boot.

As for valves I went with the Apeks inflator and Apeks high profile for no particular reason. The dump does get hung up on the webbing on my rig occasionally when donning. When it bothers me enough I'll change to the low profile.

Walking on the rock is the key point here :) I like your view on the high profile. Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom