Santi Heated vest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, if you're doin the moving, we'll just bring the modified 26ah tube next time. im sure that'll be a treat to move through the 60' Restriction :wink:

keith, I think you're on deck for support next time at at the black hole so we can make them as heavy as we want.

You're going to love the thing.

What I would really like is one of the canisters for the LED lights, that has the variable power setting. The heat from the vest is proportional to the power that's put through it, so turning the power down will turn down the heat. I'd like a little less heat and a longer burn time for most of my diving.

But my real lust is for the LM canister with two 10ah batteries in it, each with its own switch and E/O connector. You run the vest off one and the light off the other, and when you're on deco with the light stowed, you can switch the vest to the battery that's had far less drain and sit there and grin. Unfortunately, I don't have $800 burning a hole in my pocket.

You do lose the benefit of redundant canisters with that option, though.

Are you sure? As long as you flip it to the high power (and it matches what the HID needs) it should be fine, no? Remember-- LED's don't have ballast.

If your can has 2 batteries in it and 2 cords, you lose. And I don't know about the variable power canisters. The Halcyon EOS has the electronics in the head, not the canister, but other companies might be different.

I generally want my stuff as simple and robust as possible, provide options in the event of a failure, and easy to fix in the field if it does break.

If your can has 2 batteries in it and 2 cords, you lose. And I don't know about the variable power canisters. The Halcyon EOS has the electronics in the head, not the canister, but other companies might be different.

I generally want my stuff as simple and robust as possible, provide options in the event of a failure, and easy to fix in the field if it does break.

I don't think I follow, wouldn't it have just one battery/cord, or are we not talking about the same thing here?

Lynne said "
But my real lust is for the LM canister with two 10ah batteries in it, each with its own switch and E/O connector. You run the vest off one and the light off the other, and when you're on deco with the light stowed, you can switch the vest to the battery that's had far less drain and sit there and grin. Unfortunately, I don't have $800 burning a hole in my pocket."

Yes -- if your canister floods, you lose both heating and light.

I'm a relative novice -- I've been diving for 7 years, and I only have about a thousand dives. But until this week, I had never flooded a canister.

Yes -- if your canister floods, you lose both heating and light.

I'm a relative novice -- I've been diving for 7 years, and I only have about a thousand dives. But until this week, I had never flooded a canister.
i've never had one either

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom