Santi E Motion Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Durability:
The espace is basically comparable to the CLX450 from DUI, the suit is a tank, not literally but it is highly abrasion/puncture resistant, which is good news. The material weight is 420g/unit measure(can;t remember if it is metres or feet)/ The emotion material weight is only 260g but it is of a ripstop material. IT is not as abrasion resistant as the espace, however what santi has done, is used a lighter weight material for the construction of the suit, and added in what appears to be the elite material(460g) in the areas of the suit that see the most wear (seat, knees, butt, forearms/elbows) What this has done is created a light suit that is extremely durable in the areas of high wear/punctures. etc.

Yup. Always a tradeoff of weight and durability. I do like the Santi suit, but I might as well tell you that on my third or fourth dive (at a quarry, with no known abrasive events), the suit developed a tear on the knee, just above the Kevlar patch. The guys at Scuba Connection fixed it, of course, but that does worry me a bit.

This is on a side note, but if you are getting accessories added to the suit, get the sitec neck ring, however avoid the antares wrist change system (they are just junk) they do no always pop off,

Totally agree!

go with a diving concept/kubi style dry glove ring system, much better and you will not go wrong. Seal changes take literally an hour and you can sit back and enjoy a beer.

Can you post a link to this system? I have tried a number of systems in the past, still looking for the perfect one!

Interesting that you developed a tear and I am glad they fixed it. May I ask what happened to cause this, as it is very unusual to tear a drysuit/puncture ones outside of the heavy wear zones. I am guessing it was a fall, or something, in which case I can understand as the ligther material I can see ripping/tearing in cases like that (rare). But I will add that to the memory and talk to my dealer here about it as well as our distributor, prior to upgrading/changing out to a new suit.

If you want to get the rings go to dive right in scuba, just specify the ring size, Mike has them listed as a UTD product which is just a rebranded kubi ring, just specify the internal diameter of the ring, they come in different sizes. Read through this thread on TDS The Deco Stop scroll through and find my review on them and how they are holding up and all other pertinent info as to links for sizing, etc. Then contact DRIS and place the order if you want them. They are a bit more expensive but they are worth it IMO.

regards

Steve​

Interesting that you developed a tear and I am glad they fixed it. May I ask what happened to cause this, as it is very unusual to tear a drysuit/puncture ones outside of the heavy wear zones. I am guessing it was a fall, or something, in which case I can understand as the ligther material I can see ripping/tearing in cases like that (rare). But I will add that to the memory and talk to my dealer here about it as well as our distributor, prior to upgrading/changing out to a new suit.​

Nothing happened, that's what the concerning part was. This was at the end of a nice, peaceful dive in the shallow end of a quarry:

[VIMEO]65945770[/VIMEO]

I can't swear that I didn't brush against the dock, the sunken pumphouse, etc.. but this was certainly no crawl through a wreck or a cave! Definitely not a situation that I would consider a risk for suit damage, since I was not aware of any significant impact.

If you want to get the rings go to dive right in scuba, just specify the ring size, Mike has them listed as a UTD product which is just a rebranded kubi ring, just specify the internal diameter of the ring, they come in different sizes. Read through this thread on TDS The Deco Stop scroll through and find my review on them and how they are holding up and all other pertinent info as to links for sizing, etc. Then contact DRIS and place the order if you want them. They are a bit more expensive but they are worth it IMO.

regards

Steve

Thanks! Will check it out...

M

Out of curiosity, how long did it take to receive your drysuits? Does Santi have a current backlog on orders? Just wondering, as I have been waiting for a very long time to receive mine (E. Motion). My only alteration was the Si-Tech permanent wrist cuffs, since I use Si-Tech Quick Gloves. I've read post that most are taking between 6-8 weeks. Let's just say it's been longer than that, and not by days.

I have had mine not quite a year, if I recall it took 6-8 weeks.

Have you contacted the retailer and what did they say?

May want to email Ocean Edge Outffiters www.oceanedgeoutfitters.com and verify that they recieved the order from the retailer.

Keep in mind these guys just did a huge push to get all dive professionals in to their suits by offering basically keyman pricing to any dm/instructor etc. I imagine that they are clearing out that huge backlog of people. It is worth the wait though, their suits are top notch, my espace is over two years old and going strong.

QUOTE=Ouvea;6910409]Out of curiosity, how long did it take to receive your drysuits? Does Santi have a current backlog on orders? Just wondering, as I have been waiting for a very long time to receive mine (E. Motion). My only alteration was the Si-Tech permanent wrist cuffs, since I use Si-Tech Quick Gloves. I've read post that most are taking between 6-8 weeks. Let's just say it's been longer than that, and not by days.[/QUOTE]

Regards

Steve

So after resolving a little mix up, I received my E. Motion Drysuit. Here are some first impressions.

1. Extremely Light Weight (On par with my Fusion Tech, but nothing is as light as my Fusion Sport)
2. Reinforced Seams (extremely well reinforced)
3. Form fitting
4. Excellent range of motion - same as my Whites Fusion Tech
5. Pockets - Easy to open/close and very roomy
......a. Sewed in internal bungees (wouldn't it be better removable?)
6. 9mm Hood with Bib (Thank you!! It might actually rival my Waterproof Hood).
7. Bottle shaped wrist seals (very tight, even on my chop stick wrists. Had to change to my Silicone wrist seals).
8. Difficult to access the upper Ti-Zip docking station for lubrication and cleaning (shouldn't be any big issue though).
9. Rugged neoprene socks that are quite form fitting at the ankles (size is spot on for me, even with thick socks).

I opted for the Apeks high profile exhaust, but I'm not sure how easily I can close/open the valve with thick dry-gloves. If it doesn't work to my liking, I will install a Si-Tech or Apeks Low Profile exhaust valve.

Ouvea

Last edited:
Ouvea,

With the Ti-Zip you only need to lube the part that the zipper closes on to, the bottom portion. You do not lube the entire chain or the top part.

On the pockets there are holes near the top sewn in on the sides so you can always add bungees or other attachments to those locations and cut out the factory bungee cord if you desire.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom