Santa Cruz and Northern Islands anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Empty V

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
So I've been thinking of hitting up one of the acclaimed Santa Barbara boats to Santa Cruz and the Northern Islands. I've had some amazing days at Anacappa but Santa Cruz IMO is something much more special. It's the biggest of the Channel Islands and has lots to be explored. The Santa Barbara boats treat it as the Peace and Spectre treat Anacappa, it's their go-to island.

They also frequent the northern islands a lot more and if you haven't hit up the northern islands you're really missing out. Santa Rosa and San Miguel are phenomenal and I would dive either of those islands over Anacappa or Catalina any day. The water can be colder but the life is usually much more abundant and bigger.

I've also heard nothing but great things about the Truth Aquatics boats, they're liveaboards and supposedly the service and accommodations are top notch.

So who besides Rich :D would be interested in a Beach Crabs North Boat Trip?

Billy

Oh you bet I'll be there Billy! I might eve let Andrew come along. Santa Cruz has some awesome locations.

If my schedule worked out I'd definately be up for it. I haven't been to Santa Cruz or Santa Roas yet. I also hear those are nice boats. It would be good to dive with Rich again.

EFFIN AY BUBBA!!!

I'm down for that! I cant speak for their other boats, but Conception is top-notch!!

Count me in! Ive been trying to get to those islands for a while now!

My absolute favorite boat dive was off Santa Cruz Island....it was an amazing, breath-taking dive, and if I had been diving dry and/or with more air, they would have been hard-pressed to get me out of the water anywhere near the one hour mark (we were already among the last two divers in the water...).

Unfortunately, I don't see many boat dives in the near future. :depressed: Saving up for Hawaii, a couple classes, and multiple trips to Seattle for weddings this summer....ugh! So I don't see it happening until September for me....but if you do one in September, I'm all over it! :wink:

Well I just spoke with Truth Aquatics and they have a ton of spots open for Sunday March 8th to Santa Cruz. If we do it as a group we can get an $11 discount which would bring it to $110, but we need at least 10 people.

So who wants to hit this one up?

Billy

Edit: As of right now the boat is completely empty which means that if we do it as a group we get to pick where we go.

Cant do march :( Maybe April ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom