Santa Barbara Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seansrs36

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This Saturday, I went to Santa Barbara Island aboard the Magician with Laguna Sea Dwellers. Originally, we were scheduled to go to San Clemente Island but the USN had closed it. So we decided to go to SBI. The ride out there was pretty smooth. We had to dive pretty much the front side due to the incoming swell. We had three nice dives there. There are some really big lobsters there in the protected areas. Wow there must have been a bunch of 10+ lbs lobsters. Saw a torpedo ray and an angel shark. On the third dive we didn't dive the rookery but dove a site down from there. I think it was called the Arch. The sea lions didn't disappoint. They came out to the boat and played with us in the water. I always enjoy diving with sea lions. They are so much fun to dive with. Here are a couple of pictures from yesterday's diving:

More pics can be found at:

Santa Barbara Island trip 10/25/14

Nice. I love it when the babies come to play. The arch is a nice site-easy to get lost in the kelp and reef and not find the arch to come back through if you get too involved with your camera.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom