Sangalaki vs Manado

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi been in Feb/Mar 05 Derawan/sangalaki/Kakaban/Maratua, stayed in Derawan. Never been in Bali but sometimes have to go there to see Mola Mola. I´ve combined the trip with Sipadan with Smart, and took the Tawau Tarakan ferry + the extra charge (rip off) to the Derawan but it IS a long distance. And it is hard to get to. There are a few dive resort in those islands. So WHY haven´t the opp. made a schedule e.g. to get more people on certain days from the Tawau-Tarakan ferry so the the boat ride from Tarakan would a lot be cheaper. Since it is so easy and cheap to fly to Tawau. I´ve planed many times to go back to Kalimatan islands esp. Maratua with it´s majestic scenery + pelagics and Sangalakis incredible Mantas, while I was there there were a dozen Mantas at the same time and I was just snorkeling with them.

Next diving for a 3 weeks in Nov/06 in Maldives last time May/06 Malapascue and 02/06 (Smart) Sipadan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom