Sandra Stewart sues a whole lot more folks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes. He served 3 years I believe? There were links on SB to articles 1 1/2 - 2 years ago.
I couldn't find it by searching the board, but with Google. I found this "The Florida Keys News says he has a history of legal issues including being one of four defendants to plead guilty in a $300,000 jewelry heist in Fort Myers in 1991, a conviction that lead to him serving three years in a federal prison." quoted from this article. Well-Known Rebreather Diver in the News Again: Undercurrent 04/2017
Shipping Rebreathers to Libyan Terrorists? Untested Cheap Chinese Tanks? I think I'm starting to see a pattern

I couldn't find it my searching the board, but with Google. I found this "The Florida Keys News says he has a history of legal issues including being one of four defendants to plead guilty in a $300,000 jewelry heist in Fort Myers in 1991, a conviction that lead to him serving three years in a federal prison." quoted from this article. Well-Known Rebreather Diver in the News Again: Undercurrent 04/2017

See, I remember. 3 years. That's not all... Perhaps look up "Libyan militants" as well...
Not sure if that one has concluded or not...

See, I remember. 3 years. That's not all... Perhaps look up "Libyan militants" as well...
Not sure if that one has concluded or not...
Yeah, I hit gold with Googling " Peter Sotis Felony Conviction". Dear Lord, I'm thinking I may have to do background checks on all of my instructors.

... Dear Lord, I'm thinking I may have to do background checks on all of my instructors.
Not CCR, but Yea happened to me too in NACD

Aside from the obvious fact that Stewart himself is the producer, I would imagine that there’s no producer involved or safety divers involved because the activity wasn’t actually related to filming as part of his documentary.

These dives may not have actually been part of the documentary he was filming. As such, there would be no “studio” involvement at all, hence no mandated protocol for insurance, safety divers, surface support, etc. Essentially, he was doing training dives independent from any of his professional activities.

I’m not sure how the legal eagles will address that. Entertainment law can be a bitch, especially from a liability standpoint.

If you would only implement a system in which a side that looses in court is mandated to pay all costs of other side/s, you would have a way less sue happy people.

If you would only implement a system in which a side that looses in court is mandated to pay all costs of other side/s, you would have a way less sue happy people.
Ha. This is Florida, whocanisue.com billboards along the highway and career plaintiffs are a way of life.

Aside from the obvious fact that Stewart himself is the producer, I would imagine that there’s no producer involved or safety divers involved because the activity wasn’t actually related to filming as part of his documentary.

These dives may not have actually been part of the documentary he was filming. As such, there would be no “studio” involvement at all, hence no mandated protocol for insurance, safety divers, surface support, etc. Essentially, he was doing training dives independent from any of his professional activities.

I’m not sure how the legal eagles will address that. Entertainment law can be a bitch, especially from a liability standpoint.
He was definitely filming as a part of the movie, and there is definitely a production company. The call sheet for the dives in question has been entered as an exhibit. Sotis was supposed to be in the Caribbean and that’s why he isn’t on the call sheet as a safety diver.

It is an established fact that this was filming as part of Sharkwater:Extinction.

He was definitely filming as a part of the movie, and there is definitely a production company. The call sheet for the dives in question has been entered as an exhibit. Sotis was supposed to be in the Caribbean and that’s why he isn’t on the call sheet as a safety diver.

It is an established fact that this was filming as part of Sharkwater:Extinction.

Gotcha! Thanks for the correction. I missed that somewhere in there. Has the footage been entered into evidence?

Man, I'm missing a whole slew of documents it seems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom