San Diego andf Morro Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaRN

Reaction score
Hello Everyone. I am new to the forum. I dive regularly (i.e. 2-5 times a week) in San Diego. I will be visiting the Morro Bay area from August 5-10 and would love to find someohe to dive with there. I also dive from a boat here in San Diego and would love to welcome anyone to join me here in their travels.

Thanks so much :) Pam aka ScubaRN

The boards have a ton of information, and some very helpful folks.

I don't dive very often (that dang job gets in the way), but I have had a San Diego on my destination list for a quite a while. Can you recommend a dive operator?

Cheers,
carbon

I strongly recommend Dive Connections (www.gottadive.com). They have two boats, cancel less often than any other operation in the city, great captains and really know the spots.

They do three specialties that I recommend you consider.

1. Wreck Alley - I don't realy like the wrecks but they are something you should see at least once. Everyone seems to have heard of the Yukon. :)

2. Los Coronados Islands.. this is a 75 minute boatride to the islands off Mexico. Visability is usually around 50-60 feet (compared with 10-30 in SD). These are shallow dives at around 30 - 55 feet but the fish are abundant and camera opportunities abound. It is truely delightful.

3. (My Favorite) Kelp Beds. I hunt here, and gather (fish, scallops,crab etc...) but even if you aren't a hunter, it is a wonderful experience. Nowhere are the kelp beds so full of life and mystery. After Oct. 1, this is where we hunt the lobsters.

If you come down and dive after Oct 1, we can go lobstering, bring back any bugs to my place, cook them up, bbq some steaks and enjoy! My husband isn't a diver at all but he does a mean bbq. Hope to hear from you again.

I dive MB and I'm only aware of 2 places you can shore dive, Montana De Oro, which is med-adv site that you will be lucky if conditions are fit for a dive, and the channel, which is fun but you are limited to time and length of day when you can dive; there are more options by boat but I havn't heard of too much else available zeN

Back
Top Bottom