San Andreas / Providencia recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

Have a trip coming up in a few weeks to San Andreas and am interested in doing a 4 dive per day package for the week, however most of the places I’ve found only do two boat dives in the morning. Can anyone recommend any dive shops either on San Andreas or the smaller island providencia?

Huge huge preference if the scuba shop is part of a private-ish hotel with a beach.

Hello,

Have a trip coming up in a few weeks to San Andreas and am interested in doing a 4 dive per day package for the week, however most of the places I’ve found only do two boat dives in the morning. Can anyone recommend any dive shops either on San Andreas or the smaller island providencia?

Huge huge preference if the scuba shop is part of a private-ish hotel with a beach.
For San Andrés I recommend Scuba San Andrés. They have 4 rooms if you want to stay there. No beach though. The owner’s name is Moisés and his number is +57 (311) 257-5511. I dive in San Andrés quite a bit and they are the operator I always dive with. I did a night dive with them where I was the only customer and I’ve seen them offer the same to other solo divers or couples. Their rooms are very comfortable and one’s lucky with the internet (the island is notorious for bad internet).

In Providencia I have always dived with Sonny’s but last time I was a bit disappointed. One good thing about Sonny’s is that he doesn’t feed the sharks and there really is no need to because you will see them on just about every dive without baiting. One hotel I loved and that had a beach was Miss Mary but it was destroyed in the hurricane. When I was there in January it looked like they were just about finished with rebuilding the place. The front is probably still destroyed but they have cool horse races along that beach and in the mornings you’ll see people taking the horses into the water to wash them off.

For San Andrés I recommend Scuba San Andrés. They have 4 rooms if you want to stay there. No beach though. The owner’s name is Moisés and his number is +57 (311) 257-5511. I dive in San Andrés quite a bit and they are the operator I always dive with. I did a night dive with them where I was the only customer and I’ve seen them offer the same to other solo divers or couples. Their rooms are very comfortable and one’s lucky with the internet (the island is notorious for bad internet).

In Providencia I have always dived with Sonny’s but last time I was a bit disappointed. One good thing about Sonny’s is that he doesn’t feed the sharks and there really is no need to because you will see them on just about every dive without baiting. One hotel I loved and that had a beach was Miss Mary but it was destroyed in the hurricane. When I was there in January it looked like they were just about finished with rebuilding the place. The front is probably still destroyed but they have cool horse races along that beach and in the mornings you’ll see people taking the horses into the water to wash them off.
I forgot to add that Moisés is pretty accommodating and he might be able to fit you in for 4 dives/day

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom