Samui August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

watboy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I haven't dove in Thailand in years, even though I live here. But now it looks like my annual dive trips will have to be domestic. I'm hoping that the lack of tourists have had a noticeable impact in the quality of diving? Going to take a long weekend to Samui this weekend, can anyone recommend an operator for a 2 tank day trip? Thinking sail rock, not sure if I want to go as far as Chompon pinnacle if anyone goes that far... or have I gotten my geographies mixed up.

Looking to try simians in December, haven't done that in 8 years....

I haven't dove in Thailand in years, even though I live here. But now it looks like my annual dive trips will have to be domestic. I'm hoping that the lack of tourists have had a noticeable impact in the quality of diving? Going to take a long weekend to Samui this weekend, can anyone recommend an operator for a 2 tank day trip? Thinking sail rock, not sure if I want to go as far as Chompon pinnacle if anyone goes that far... or have I gotten my geographies mixed up.

Looking to try simians in December, haven't done that in 8 years....
Could be ok, Sail Rock really is nice and the only decent site there. But do make sure you have a confirmed trip going there, otherwise it will most likely be cancelled and you'll end up going to sites that are not worth it. I know the diving here is really good at the moment due to no people around, would presume also there it is better than it was 1/2 year ago.

Your geography is correct :)

Regarding Similans, I'd be happy to help you with that.

Could be ok, Sail Rock really is nice and the only decent site there. But do make sure you have a confirmed trip going there, otherwise it will most likely be cancelled and you'll end up going to sites that are not worth it. I know the diving here is really good at the moment due to no people around, would presume also there it is better than it was 1/2 year ago.

Your geography is correct :)

Regarding Similans, I'd be happy to help you with that.

Thanks. December would look at a live aboard for 4 people, but only 2 or 3 are divers. I would prefer a more luxury boat and ideally a 6+ day trip to north and south Andaman. Sigh, Quero/Marcia used to book all my dive trips, and every time I plan a trip I think of her. She sent me on so many great adventures to Raja Ampat, Bohol, Malapapascua, Palau, Lembeh, Tubbataha...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom