Samsung V4 - First Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShoalDiverSA

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
As promised in an earlier thread, here are some of my efforts from my first dives with the Samsung V4 camera. I tended to overexpose the shots - built-flash only without a flash diffuser. I will be making my own diffuser for the housing. Other than that, the usual newbie stuff is there - backscatter, lots of fish rear-ends, etc :).

The only limitation I can see thus far is that the flash is disabled for macro shots less than 30cm. There is a near macro function that can focus to a minimum of 6cm which is great, but no flash... I got quite good results with the normal macro setting, but they are not worth posting yet. Maybe the next set is better.

[Edit: By the way, the photos were taken on the Aliwal Shoal off Umkomaas, Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa. The Devil Firefish shot was taken under the stern of the Produce Wreck (Swedish Bulk Molasses carrier, sunk in 1974).]

Cheers,

Andrew

Good shots Andrew. I'll be curiuos to see how you make out with your flash diffuser. The internal flash is disabled on many cameras, if not all, in the Super Macro mode. Try it anyway with just the ambient light and adjust the pic in your software program.

Thanks for the info on other cameras' behaviour at Super Macro. I am seriously encouraged - I was starting to think I bought a white elephant!

Here is a shot of a nudibranch that I took on Super Macro. Colours are not as saturated as they could be.

Cheers,

Andrew

Back
Top Bottom