Sample of my video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulpost

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, this is the link to one of my "efforts", I hope that you guys will watch and enjoy.
video.mpegnation.com/a001493508288071305154136258.html
May take a few hours for the video to be posted.

What camera & housing did you use?

What software did you use to compress this video with? The pans are very jerky/studder, gave me a headache.

I would try not to use the zoom as much. Push or swim your camera towards/away from the subject whenever possible vs. zooming.

Its okay to edit. Watching one long take, including the diver's knee passing in the frame and the clip from you BC floating in provides no entertainment value. Hold a subject in frame longer an slow down the number and speed of your pans.

Watch the length. If you are archiving your trip for future memories a 45min video might be great, but if you want your friends and family to willing sit through it, a shorter cut focusing on entertaining or beauty might be something to think about. I watched up to the 10min. mark.

Keep practicing and learning, especially on editing.

hermosadive:
What camera & housing did you use?

What software did you use to compress this video with? The pans are very jerky/studder, gave me a headache.

I would try not to use the zoom as much. Push or swim your camera towards/away from the subject whenever possible vs. zooming.

Its okay to edit. Watching one long take, including the diver's knee passing in the frame and the clip from you BC floating in provides no entertainment value. Hold a subject in frame longer an slow down the number and speed of your pans.

Watch the length. If you are archiving your trip for future memories a 45min video might be great, but if you want your friends and family to willing sit through it, a shorter cut focusing on entertaining or beauty might be something to think about. I watched up to the 10min. mark.

Keep practicing and learning, especially on editing.
This is taped with a sony dcr tr7000 the first digital 8 in a sony mpk tr-1 housing, regarding editing, was U-lead video studio.
Thanks for the imput, looking foreward for samples of your work.

This is a bit oftopic but did the dive company chum the place before the dive? Just wondering why there are only sharks and big groupers around... just my 2cents. Not into fish feeding or manipulating the underwater environment. If it was just a lucky spot that was for sure one thrilling dive. Hopefully you just were lucky... :)

kapula:
This is a bit oftopic but did the dive company chum the place before the dive? Just wondering why there are only sharks and big groupers around... just my 2cents. Not into fish feeding or manipulating the underwater environment. If it was just a lucky spot that was for sure one thrilling dive. Hopefully you just were lucky... :)

Thank you for taking the time to view my clip.
First of all I like your pictures and i'm impresed with the high quality.
As a matter of fact today I went to a bookstore and on display among other books was a children book with a turtle picture on the cover that looks like the one that you've posted, any coincidence?
Regarding my video clip and your question there was no chumming prior to dive.
This dive was done in 2000 in the bahamas, providence island, to be more specific, and was the dive prior of the feeding of the sharks dive.
If you have more questions feel free to ask.
Thank you
Paul

So the fish were used to feeding.. too bad :( I'm one of those wanting to see nature not distracted. Well if you go strict with that I shouldn't dive or go to nature since I'm distracting things but you propably got my point anyway. Still the feeling must've been quite something.

Do you remember the title of that book? I don't know my pictures being used in any publications. Have to say that the turtle wasn't that wild. She is living in the Similans but has been fed by dive operators so I almost crapped my pants the first time she tried to grab my camera. I actually have a videoclip of the turtle coming towards me, opening her mouth and finally trying if camera is edible :) I've snorkeled with that bugger twice for an hour and she just swimmed around me being very anxious to get some food - which I didn't have.

Do you recommen diving in Bahamas in general? Haven't been anywhere near there. My trips have been to Europe & Asia.

BTW have you tried manual white balance? Don't know how many cameras have that option or if you had a digital video camera but it made all the difference with my pics since I don't have an external strobe.

Still kinda offtopic for videography....

Happy diving!

paulpost:
Hi, this is the link to one of my "efforts", I hope that you guys will watch and enjoy.
video.mpegnation.com/a001493508288071305154136258.html
May take a few hours for the video to be posted.
I'm very happy that my video was so well received, but I would be more happier if you guys will dropp a short message regardless content any advice is wellcommed.
Thak you.
Paul

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom