Samae san

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

penguintom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am coming back to Thailand next week and have read on here numerous posts about Thai operated dive boats at Samaesan.
Does anyone have any contact information for these guys, I would like to give them a try and as yet have been unable to locate any information on them.

Also I am proposing a trip of about 2 weeks to Koh Chang, can anyone recomend a DC on the island, and/or any particular dive sites that are worth visiting.

Thanks

Tom

Koh Chang is best in September.

It's not the best time to visit Koh Chang in September. A lot of rain and poor visibility is what you have to expect. Same goes for June. All the other months it is just fine, the occasional shower and thunderstorm can come along though.
Sites that are interesting to dive are; Hin Luk Bat, Hin Rap, Pinnacles, Koh Thong Lang, Three Finger Reef, Koh Yak Yai, Koh Nok, Koh Thian
Have a look at "DivingScool", situated in Bang Bao, the place where all the diveboats leave from. "DivingScool" organizes trips in the morning or afternoon, you can even organize a full daytrip if you want. Nitrox fills are free for certified enriched air divers!!!

Happy bubbles

Wim

Yes in my experience now is a good time to go to Koh Chang.

May to september and sometimes into october have really big rainfalls, most things on the island, including the dive shops seem to close down during this time.

Viz is quite often non existent during this period and seas can be rough. I spoke to someone yesterday that has dived there recently and conditions seem to be good at the moment. The last post seems to have mentioned most of the decent dive sites, a favourite of mine is Hin Luk Bat.

If things go to plan I shall be going there myself soon for a week or so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom