Salvo Rats or Halcyon Scout LEDs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaFeenD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking for two Salvo Rats or Halcyon Scouts (LEDs) that are in reasonable to great condition. Would be willing to spend 75-100 each for depending on the condition of the lights. Please PM me if have them and are willing to sell.

thanks
-ddd

Hey man, have you checked out the UK SL3. It meets DIR requirements and it really bright at 98 lumens. 3 inline C cells with a twist bezel. I just got one and I love it, cuts through the murk really well with its specially designed lens. Best part, $50 brand new online anywhere. I dont know if this meets your needs, but I thought I would let you know.

Just buy the bodies, o-ring, and battery wire from extreme-exposure. Check out this thread for the LED module: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/classifieds-lights/309068-uk-sl4-led-w-cree-r2-leds-halcyon-scout.html This is what I did and they are brighter and still about 30-40 dollars cheaper than the Scout LED.

I was just on the EE website. If you buy the body, bezel, tray, and o-ring the cost is $93, where the light itself is $89 and the light includes the bulb and reflector which is $37.

Price must have changed since I put mine together... or maybe I overlooked this. but $89 + $35 dollars for the r5 LED is cheaper and brighter than the $199 you pay for the LED Scout.

Back
Top Bottom