Salvo light failure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon:
i ordered the 4.8 li-ion cant wait it arrives friday. anyway the 14.4 volt has two variamnts: one is with two 4.5 amp batteries that are split up and one is with one 9amp battery. they give longer burn time than the regular nimh because of the V or something.

I noticed that both of the 21W 14.4 volt RH give identical burn time (300 mins) but the canister sizes are significantly different... - why two models? To offer the option of battery "wired" in series or parallel? Am totally confused. And I though Barry was trying to "streamline" his light selection. :D

Vie:
I noticed that both of the 21W 14.4 volt RH give identical burn time (300 mins) but the canister sizes are significantly different... - why two models? To offer the option of battery "wired" in series or parallel? Am totally confused. And I though Barry was trying to "streamline" his light selection. :D

yes they have the total burn time of 300 mins. the difference between theM IS one is with TWO (2) 4.5 amp batteries and one is with ONE (1) 9amp battery. the smaller one can fit ONLY one 4.5 amp battery hence the smaller overall package compared to the 9amp.

dont get confused, the larger one has 300 mins continuos burn time while the smaller one has burn time of 2.5 hrs each per battery. one would have to change the battery after the 1st 4.5amp is spent.

Spoon has it right, except you will get 2.5 hours on each battery (150 min) on the 4.5Amp. The canister on this model is slimmer and slightly longer. It also comes with 2 chargers.

We have one in stock. If you are looking PM us.

I've had excellent experiences with Salvo ... not just in terms of great turnaround and an excellent quality light, but Barry also repaired my Terkel when it flooded, and it's worked flawlessly ever since.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

double80s:
Spoon has it right, except you will get 2.5 hours on each battery (150 min) on the 4.5Amp. The canister on this model is slimmer and slightly longer. It also comes with 2 chargers.

We have one in stock. If you are looking PM us.

Thanks for pointing that one out.:)

I'll chime in with great service from Barry on my 21W, which I flooded on the second dive (my error), and he made right for me very quickly.

Now, if I could only get him off the phone without hanging up on him.... :D

double80s:

So what would be the advantage of choosing the 21W 14.4 Volt Remote Head instead of the 21W 9A NiMH? The "remote head"/smaller light head? The canister size for both lights are the same, the 21W "14.4" has less burn time and is a hundred bucks more expensive...

I dove it! I dove it! I LOVE it! What a cool light! Yes!

Can you tell I liked it?

2.5 hours is precisely accurate -- my light quit 40 minutes into the third dive. It was my education in the fact that these lights don't dim and fail, they just . . . fail. But okay, now I know I need to bring the second battery on three tank days.

What a great piece of equipment -- beautifully constructed, solid latches, easy switch to feel and manage. It's easy to vary the focus underwater. Finish quality is superb. I am one very happy light owner today.

Edit to add . . . the light head is MUCH smaller on the remote ballast light. Makes a difference to me.

TSandM:
I dove it! I dove it! I LOVE it! What a cool light! Yes!

Can you tell I liked it?

2.5 hours is precisely accurate -- my light quit 40 minutes into the third dive. It was my education in the fact that these lights don't dim and fail, they just . . . fail. But okay, now I know I need to bring the second battery on three tank days.

What a great piece of equipment -- beautifully constructed, solid latches, easy switch to feel and manage. It's easy to vary the focus underwater. Finish quality is superb. I am one very happy light owner today.

Edit to add . . . the light head is MUCH smaller on the remote ballast light. Makes a difference to me.
Don't shine it into the windows of the apartments on your swim out to the buoy at Cove II. :D

TSandM:

Lynne,

I thought that the cylindrical "slug assembly" length has been reduced by approx. 50% on the remote ballast lighthead, but otherwise the diameter of the cylinder, size of the reflector, etc. are the same, right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom