Salvo HID light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaFeenD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be getting a salvo HID light soon, and I was wondering what I should be aware of while caring for it, using it, testing it, charging it etc.

I would rather learn from all of your experience than from my own mess ups, so please post words of wisdom here if you have them.

Thanks much!
-ddd

Is it a new Salvo HID or used? Reason I asked, is Salvo doesn't exist anymore, so there are some warranty issues,but they can be overcome.

Check out Light Monkey.

Is it a new Salvo HID or used? Reason I asked, is Salvo doesn't exist anymore, so there are some warranty issues,but they can be overcome.

Check out Light Monkey.

Its used. I spoke to the guys at light monkey and they were really helpful and helped support my urge to buy it, but I would rather not pump those guys for info on a light i didn't buy from them.

So I should only play with it at home at bath time?

The Light Monkey guys are great. They'll help you out if you have problems with the Salvo.

things to be careful of with an HID:
When you turn it on, leave it on for at least 5 minutes.
Same for turning it off, leave it off for awhile before turning it back on.
Usually only have it on when in water.

Enjoy!

The Light Monkey guys are great. They'll help you out if you have problems with the Salvo.

things to be careful of with an HID:
When you turn it on, leave it on for at least 5 minutes.
Same for turning it off, leave it off for awhile before turning it back on.
Usually only have it on when in water.

Enjoy!

......all of those reasons are among the reasons I'm abandoning HID technology altogether and upgrading my 'fleet' of lights to LED, the wave of the future.

Keep an eye on the latches. Some of them were known for rusting. Mine rusted out right where the pin goes into the little hole. It actually broke - it this happened in the water it could cause the battery to flood.

If you have the problem, it's an easy replace, just contact Corey at Light Monkey ;-).

Light Monkey will service your Salvo - no problem!

You may also want to do a burn test on the battery to determine how long a charge lasts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom