Closed: Salvo 21W HID NiMH battery charger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guruboy

Divemaster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Looking for a new charger

Salvo 21W HID

I believe it's a 12V 9Ah NiMH battery with Anderson connector.

Last edited:
I am not speaking as an authority of this light or this charger, but I did some searching.
I don't think it is a custom charger for Light Monkey, but rather an off the shelf one used a lot Airsoft and RC stuff.

This one might work, if you attach some banana plugs (based on the new model) to it.

This one seems even closer to what you are looking for, but it is discontinued. (You can call Tenergy and ask them if they 'suggest' a model for your battery.)

Here's one for $19 here , and $30 (incl. S/H) on Amazon, but I'd look around.

For NiMH you typically want a constant current source and a little higher voltage, to account for voltage drops across other components.

You'll just need to solder on some banana plugs, or whatever you need.

Just trying to give you some options.

Hope this helps...

Last edited:
Again, I'm not an expert, but I wonder if this or this is your battery ?

Seems if they used an Airsoft charger, they may also have used an Airsoft battery, since they are both 'off the shelf' items.

Depending on how old it is, I have read that they used NiCd, NiMh, and/or Li-ion.

And lastly, this from the Light Monkey Online Store @ $65.

Duh, why didn't I look there first ? :facepalm:
(Because the LM site is not real complete.)

...or from here for $27. It is the Powerizer POWERIZER-CH-UN180.

Look around, I'm sure you'll find it cheaper somewhere else.

These companies NEVER make their own charger. They buy something off the rack, put their name on it and triple the cost. The pretty much do the same thing with batteries. The hard part is figuring out what they did.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom