Salvage Ship at E-Beach?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Narcist21

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anybody know why there is a salvage ship off E-Beach? I went and did a couple dives there this afternoon and saw it out there and just wondered.

May be doing an ordnance survey.

Yea seen it also, but if they were doing an ordnance survey what was up with the Huey helicopter sitting on the stern?

Ed

I saw it today (11/3) as well. It look like it had some kind of helicopter on the stern. If I had to guess a vietnam era Cobra Attack Helicopter:confused:.

Ah1gm35.jpg

There were several small boats around the ship too. I wonder if it is for a movie, (Lost or Tropic Thunder)

Tropic Thunder is supposed to be about the Vietnam War
Tropic Thunder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I didn't think about it being for a movie, but that's probably it as there were several support boats and it did sound like gunfire at one point this afternoon.

With the added info and the pic, gotta vote movie. That or Muffies latest plan to deal with the homeless.....

hmmm.. how far off the beach is it?

200yds?
1/2 mile?
1 mile?

thanks for the panned view..
that is close..

maybe they found the "Zephyr" buried in the sand off the pipe :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom