"Salty Girls" products - anyone try them yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Should be here any day. My next dive trip isn't until July 30th : (

tx.lakerats:
what's the status on how you liked/disliked them??
Well, I finally got my stuff after some shipping problems (not big deal) and they gave me an extra lip gloss free for the poblems which was nice.
On the products so far I am not really thrilled with some of them. Most seem a little too diluted with water so you end up using more, the conditioner left my hair feeling oily no matter how long I rinsed it. I liked the shampoo but had to use more than normal. The body sprays are nice but so lightly scented you can't tell you used them after a minute or so. Body lotion seems nice. The hair detangler is on back order and they even replaced it in a gift set box I bought without giving me any option as to what to replace it with. The gear spray is nice but Fabreze seems to work just as well at lesser cost. I love the coconut lip balm. have not tried the wet suit wash yet. So I am not blown away with the product line and I love using natural products whenever possible. I think if they just did not dilute as much as they do with water (first ingredient on many items) I might like them better. Only one I really was not pleased with was the hair conditioner.
Did anyone else get them yet?

I haven't tried these products, although they sound great. I have really curly hair, about medium length and it knots very easily whenever I dive. I use the detangle spray for children they sell in Wal-Mart made by L'Oreal. It works great to get the snags out and it has a fruity smell that is rather pleasant. The best part is it only costs about $3.00US. I keep a bottle in my dive bag whenever I go to the pool or open water.

I haven't dived since I got the stuff I ordered - shampoo, conditioner, detangler, gear spray. But I did use the shampoo and detangler this weekend after pool swimming and being outside with my hair tied up all day. I have really long (1/2 way down my back) really straight hair and I didn't find that I needed more then usual shampoo. The detangler spray worked better then anything I've used. The best I'd found before this was Pantene instant detangler. This beat it hands down with using much less then I have to use of the Pantene.

One thing I can see that will be a hassle for travel is that the shampoo and conditioner have pump tops. I'll be replacing them with screw tops. My next trip is to Hawaii so if I'm not crazy about these products post dive I can always pick up my standard brands. But, based on the shampoo and detangler I'm hopeful.

Keep 'em coming! :thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom