Saltspring dive sites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaleC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Heading to the island tomorrow and wondering if there are any good sites around Ganges. Should be sheltered as I will be osolomeo. I know there is a shop right in the town that I will check out as well.

dale, beaver point is a shore dive on the east side. You have your typical ledges and rock walls. dive shop on island can help you with currents, there is bull kelp there also.

happy diving

Oh yea dale, I remember a few small caves with octopus in them, big enough to enter in a few feet, any ways have fun not far from Ganges.

Happy Diving

I've only been to 2 sites and that was years ago:
Beaver Point
Vesuvius Bay
I don't think the visibility is ever impressive around there and right now, the Cowichan River is overflowing and dumping all the muddy rain water in the area. If I was on Saltspring for other reasons, I'd probably try for a dive, but now's not a time I would chose to go there just for diving.

Thanks Mark, I'm primarily there visiting freinds and thought I'd get a dive in Sunday morning. There is a small exchange so I may try Beaver point or Beddis beach (or just some small unmarked cove somewhere).

Gord Murhpy owns the dive shop which he has down sized but he still has his compressor and some gear plus his customized zodiac outfitted for divers, it is very sweet. There is very little shore diving there, mostly boat diving. Hook up with Gord and go dive active pass, awesome dive, just remember to duck fun when the ferries go over top :wink:

Gord is a tech diver who I have dove with a number of times and so I know you will be in good hands with him.

This email is still active

gord@diveoceansalive.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom