Salted Line/Sony a6300/Sony 18-105mm f:4.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So my question here is, is there a setting on the a6000 where, with the flash popped up, it is possible to turn the flash off AND adjust WB to a custom setting? I find that only one or the other is possible but I hope I've missed a way to do it.

You can take a pair of magnets (strong neodymium ones) and put them on the back of the housing, near the pop-up flash, one inside, one outside, so that you can use the outer magnet as a handle to move the inner one. The pop-up flash has a small magnet inside, and the camera has a Hall effect sensor to detect when the flash is down, so if you put a strong magnet near the flash housing, it will trip the sensor and the camera will behave as if the flash got pushed down.

As an alternativ you can set the camera to use the silent shutter mode. That should also deactivate the flash even if it is popped up

Back
Top Bottom