Saint Louis dive hot spots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avonthediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi all I'm heading to the Saint Louis area this next week and looking for any good hot spots other than BT Mine. I'll be staying in Farmington. so if any one in the area has any good idea's please drop a line! Thanks Happy Diving!!!:D

You can go down the The Offsets (Mine LaMotte) which is just down the street from Farmington. It is mainly used my kids as a swim spot in the summer so not the best for diving unless you like looking for beer cans. Although there is a Mine there if you are cave certified that you can dive.

Next closest would be The Dive Stop up in New Melle but that would probably be a 2 hour drive or so from Farmington. I like going out to The Dive Stop becuause it is faily close to me. It is a newer place that is just getting started but the staff out there is very nice and the water is there for the diving...

Then there is the Obvious Mermet Springs, but that would probably be at least 3 hours from where you are, but there is more to see than at New Melle.

There is also a quarry in Rolla Mo that I have never been to, and for the life of me I cannot think of the name of it. Again a few hours from you though...

Just depends on your schedule and how far you want to go...

Phil

Thanks Phil. this does give me a few items to look for and I'm going to look into the Dive Spot!

I have got a pretty crazy schedule next week but if you are going to try to make a run up there during the week shoot me a PM if you need a buddy and I will see if I can get out for a few hours...

Phil

sure I'll do that I'm always looking for a buddy and it would help to have someone that knows the area thanks!

The quarry at Rolla is called Quail Run. I hear that they are open again under new managment, but I don't really know anything else. The vis at New Melle is not very good right now, but hopefuly it will change soon.
Also you can check out midwestmuckdiving.com

Is Quail Run open to the public? I heard one of the dive shops was using it for training, but that it was not open for the public.

Snagel

I "think" that it is open up to the public now... I had heard the same thing about one of the shops using it for training and that was about it, but I think that since it is under new management it is opened up to all certified divers. I have no idea about Hours of operation or anything like that. Here is some info that I found on Y-Kiki's website... Hope that helps out a little....

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom