Saguaro Lake Condtions--20+ feet!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AzAtty

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I couldn't believe it. I could see the other side of the lake. Then I submerged. Six inches, tops.

I suckered Ron into seeing if Saguaro might possibly be divable (hope springs eternal that someday I won't have to drive an hour and a half to dive). It isn't. I'm bummed. The lizard that decided to crawl under my shirt and use it as a tent was the highlight of the dive.

You guys are SICK!

We had to try it Stephen.... It is a lot closer to home for us....but alas we will be driving to Pleasant....as the water was like diving in pea soup!!!!

But did you run into a dead horse underwater? That will seal the deal for you never to return there again :) Imagine an expert course running a pattern and finding that...true story years back.

We tried Canyon Lake last year.... from the shore the conditions were pretty bad until you got to about 25-30 feet, then at least you could see a few feet. We're going to check farther back in the canyons one of these weeks to see if there are any decent spots...

Karen Cleveland:
But did you run into a dead horse underwater? That will seal the deal for you never to return there again :) Imagine an expert course running a pattern and finding that...true story years back.

No, but we ran over the same fish habitat three times. We were maintaining touch contact during the dive, with Ron on my left (like, right on top of me). My compass is on my left wrist. We were trying to follow a compass heading of 130 degrees, but my compass wouldn't keep a steady bearing. After we came up, we figured out that Ron had been crosschecking my bearing, but the vis was so bad we couldn't tell that our compasses were too close together. Our compass needles, therefore, were repelling each other and giving opposite readings. So I'm going one way, and Ron is tugging to go another way. We were going in circles.

And as for being sick, Dr. Ash, I seem to recall that YOU road tripped to Saguaro a few years back for a few dives. Mwuahaha! I have revealed your secret shame.

Back
Top Bottom