Safety Stop Depth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got it as well, still trying to get my head around the new update of the manual.

1 thing which appears to be missing from a great update is depth averaging??

Ron please post your feedback!

I had a nice dive last night. It was a late afternoon dive, which ended up being a night dive--it was dark when we surfaced, and it was dark in the water during the dive. Surface temp was 59 degrees F, temp at depth was 56 degrees F. There was a visible thermocline at 5 ft. Visibility was about 30 ft, good for Puget Sound this time of the year.

We made a short surface swim, then dropped down to the bottom at 30 ft. We followed the bottom out to about 73 ft, then turned and stayed near 70 ft a few minutes, then slowly made our way back toward the entry point, staying near the bottom. We kept it fairly shallow because we had a new diver in our group. Usually, we go down to about 100 ft or so.

We saw a Giant Pacific Octopus at 44 ft, 28 minutes into the dive. Gotta love the marker feature!

My Uemis Zurich functioned perfectly. I had my safety stop depth set to 15 ft. I noticed the safety stop display come on when I was at 30 ft. After the dive, the surface display showed a no-fly time of 10:16:00, a desat time of 17:04:00, and a max altitude of 2754 ft.

The imperial units display problem appears to have been fixed with firmware v1.2. So far, I have not found any display issues. V1.2 appears to be a solid update with no issues.

Ron

Laura,

Is there anyway to find out what the scale is for the ascent rate monitor/bar graph?

first segment lit = ?? m/min or ?? ft/min
2 segments lit = ?? m/min or ?? ft/min
3segments.... you get the picture!
and so on.

Partly curious and would also help me gauge my rate of ascent and get a better feel for whats happening.

Thanks

It's not a linear scale, it changes with depth. See graphs below; one is metric, the other imperial. Graphs were provided by Uemis when I asked them about the ascent rate before buying mine.

4993521804_7904bc3875_o.gif

4992914779_9ba276be4c_o.gif

I spoke with Ernst last night about the safety stop (we americans like round numbers like 20') and the Minimum gas pressure (again, round numbers such as 400 psi as opposed to the conversion number of 435).

So! in the impending update (watch your email!!), we get Maximum depth of safety stop to 20' (it starts counting at 30' for a 20' safety stop) and Minimum gas can now be set between 400 and 1450psi (400 is the absolute minimum he's willing to go, if you try lower, it will reset to 400psi)

Did anyone tell Ernst that he is not my mother? :wink:

At least Uemis does a better job of converting from metric to imperial units than the US Navy did in converting imperial to metric in their dive tables. I shouldn't even mention NASA and metric units in the same sentence.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom