Safety Diver/Guide Position Available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CWorldVI

Reaction score
Title: Safety Diver/Guide
Company/Organization: Coral World Ocean Park

Description
Be part of our dive operations department at Coral World Ocean Park! We are seeking a friendly, motivated safety diver/guide to join our staff. Our marine ops staff members fill a variety of roles within the park, which provides the opportunity to build a broad base of skills.
Responsibilities include:
• Establishing tour groups
• Instructing guests (up to 10 in a group) about tour conduct and safety
• Assisting groups in/out of the water (helmets weigh 75 lbs). This position requires monitoring of the air systems and the air hoses.
• Must accompany the group in scuba gear with safety equipment ready. He/she is responsible for assisting guests down and up the ladder as well as keeping an eye on them through out the tour.
• Must follow all procedures to assist the guests to the trail, wait for their queuing up and lead them comfortably and safely on the tour.
• Must be knowledgeable about underwater conditions, cautions, animals, and procedures that exemplify the highest standards of safety.

Requirements
• At least 18 years old
• Rescue Diver Certified (PADI, NAUI, SSI, etc.)
• Current CPR, First Aid, Defibrillator Certification
• Physical Exam within a year
• Proof of at least 60 logged dives
• Must pass a swim test
• Team player as well as demonstrated ability to work unsupervised
• Capable of lifting 75 lbs.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States

**This is a very physically demanding job requiring long periods of time working outdoors, daily exposure to sun, wind and saltwater, and diving and swimming daily.

References required - No phone calls please
Please submit resume and cover letter by email

Contact Information
Erica Palmer, Assistant Curator, Exhibits
Coral World Ocean Park
6450 Estate Smith Bay
St. Thomas, USVI 00802

Please send private message for email address, thank you.

I am VERY interested in this position! How and where would you like me to send contact info? I am currently an Instructor Trainer with SDI/TDI and have owned, run, and worked at a dive store for the better part of the last decade. I HATE being cold and winter is comiing! Help, I want out of here!!! I will send you my resume, I should be qualified for this job.... it sounds like fun. SUN, SAND, WARM and Loads of diving...whats wronge with any of that!!! How much do I have to pay you do to this job? oh wait I would get paid ...too cool. Thanks! Jeff

My name is Lizz Lee. I am a dive master certified through PADI for one year. I have over 200 logged dives in Hawaii. I am extremely safe, fun, personable, and hard working. I will send my resume, but as dive history goes - the above information is about it.
My email is:lizz_ardbrain@yahoo.com

Back
Top Bottom