Safe to keep photo rig connected without batteries?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I own a Nik V with an SB105 strobe. can i keep the whole setup ready and just take out the batteries from the camera and strobe? Is there any structural or electrical damage in doing so?

Jalal

diver371:
I own a Nik V with an SB105 strobe. can i keep the whole setup ready and just take out the batteries from the camera and strobe? Is there any structural or electrical damage in doing so?

Jalal

While I'm on a trip, I leave the whole rig together, and just swap out batteries,CF cards,film,etc. But it is a REALLY bad idea to leave it assembled for more than a week or two even with all the rinsing you can do ! There are many different metals in contact with each other and the salt will really accelerate the corrosion.

...and if you keep the rig assembled during long-term storage, the o-rings will take a "set" and increase the chance of floods.

All the best, James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom