safe in North Sulawesi (Indonesia)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hoe gaan dit Rob,
no absolutely no worries at all. i spent 4 months in Aceh province and had not one incident. i was however ordered off a bus at about midnight going from Banda Aceh to Medan, and told the guy to f off. i sould have gone off the bus but had just woken up and wasnt in the mood for "hey meester, off!".
i have many friends who have had a great time in bunaken and i have heard about the wreck off your waters.
i hope to return to indo soon and maybe to sulawesi.
good luck.
totsiens,
James

Rob,

What is the diving like in front of the resort you have?

Also, just to be safe, is there a recompression chamber available somewhere and how does one get there in an emergency?

Hello,

Diving in front of Benteng is okay. But not that special. However we made excellent nightdives here. Within a distance of ten minutes by boat we do have two great spots. One wall with amazing soft corals and lots of fish. The other place rock formation with pygmee seahorse and many sorts of nudibranches. Much fish aswell. We are working on our homepage http://www.diving-on-sulawesi.com te give more information about the divesites here. Must be ready within one week.

Just came back from a 3 week diving holiday in N.S

We stayed at Manado, Pulisan Jungle Resort & Bunaken Island and had no problems whatsoever.

We went diving in Lembeh Straights, Bangka Island and Bunaken

The people were really friendly and hospitable, the diving superb (especially around Bangka Island)

cheers
Paul

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom