safe diver ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like my open water course in Hawaii.

It was rushed....but still complies with the standards.

Important thing is to get out there diving and keep building the basic skills up.

no exams, no quizzes, 1 pool session, less than 20 minutes. Anyway, guess I wont be diving with that resort next year...no shortage of other options out there! Now time to organise some real diving!

Wow. That's extraordinarily outside of standards. I wouldn't be surprised if PADI expelled the store plus the instructors in it for that stunt. Probably happens more often than you'd think though. Sure makes for better profit.

Normally newly certified divers receive a QA form. I would seriously consider getting in touch with PADI with your concerns regarding this course as it has apparently violated several safety rules... potentially leaving you ill-prepared for the eventualities in diving.

Normally I would advise to contact the shop beforehand, however in this case it's not just one, but multiple points of violation suggesting that this is 'par for their course'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom