Safaris from Boracay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Liberty01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi!
I am still looking for new places for great diving (without hell of a current and plenty of bars).
I know that the diving off Boracay is not exceptional, but they offer liveaboard trips to places like Cuyo Islands, Panagatan and a daytrip to Maniguin where you can enjoy good reefs, sharks and rays.
Have you been to those places? Can you also dive there without going through Boracay?
I could not find dive shops on Cuyo other than the expensive resort.
Any other suggestions will also be appreciated, after Leyte, Bohol, Moalboal, Coron, Apo Reef and Apo Island I am looking for something new.
Thank you,
Liberty

Thank you, Caloy.
I read those pages, I just want to find out about customers' experience. I have dived in too many places where the big fish never showed up...
Yours,
Liberty

Liberty01:
Thank you, Caloy.
I read those pages, I just want to find out about customers' experience. I have dived in too many places where the big fish never showed up...
Yours,
Liberty
Your welcome:). SB members Hank49 and Babydamulag have both been there, you may want to pm them about this.

Panagatan n Maniguin is great for biggy to show up, but the above mention diveshop pricing is for rich foreigners only. I dove with Diveright the Malaysian 10 years ago. but cheapshop closeshop. for Panagatan, u must dive with twinset, otherwise, forget it!

clgsamson:
you may want to contact Victory Divers in Boracay for the Romblon/Maniguin leg http://www.victorydivers.com/English/esaf.html

Calypso too http://www.calypso-asia.com/divesafaris.htm

Goodluck:)

I love that liveaboard bangka victory divers has! A double decker!! wooo

IslaSunset.jpg

dingho:
Panagatan n Maniguin is great for biggy to show up, but the above mention diveshop pricing is for rich foreigners only. I dove with Diveright the Malaysian 10 years ago. but cheapshop closeshop. for Panagatan, u must dive with twinset, otherwise, forget it!
What does twinset mean? Do you dive there at great depth?

Good diving for small things and lots of bars with a good night life, try Puerto Galera.

I have made about 60 dives around Boracay and with several dive shops including VICTORY which is my favorite due to many of the instructors having 20 years experience there. They have/had 2 livaboards but the typhoons last year took them out along with 80% of the boats on the island. The ISLA, larger of the two, has just been rebuilt and will see some action soon if not already in the past month. Since the big storms the majority of the smaller boats have been replaced

Yes, I hear Boracay is not the best diving in the Philippines; however I really enjoyed seeing the following when there:
White tip sharks
One 250kg shark maybe big black tip?
20 some large spotted eagle rays
Many large tuna
of course the eels, snakes, octopi, cuttle fish, many species nudi branches, lobsters, huge crabs at night...ect
Vis about 20m average 30m when ok.
Oh and Victory has a new hotel right behind the dive shop for about 60usd a night. Its clean, safe, aircon, sat tv, wi-fi, no big frills, few rooms have semi ocean view.

Yapak and Punta Bunga are the best island dives for advanced who like deep or drift dives with the big stuff along the wall. Crocodile island is not bad for macro divers.
I will be heading back in early May and hope to take the Isla out for a trip.

CAN ANYONE SAY WHERE THEY LIKE DIVING THE MOST IN THE PHILIPPINES AND WHY?

Thanks,
A Chanster

Attachments

• Water Dance tab.jpg
    Water Dance tab.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 69
Hi!
I would like to go on a Safari to some place like Panagatan keys or Cuyo from Boracay.
As for the rest, I like Moalboal for Pescador and gorgeous night dives on the house reef.
I like Apo for beautiful walls, amazing clownfish city and night dives.
I like Southern Leyte for places like Napantao. We even saw an eagle ray and a turtle there. Beautiful wall.
I like the Philippines for night dives generally. And the other advantage is that once in the Visayas, many different dive locations can be reached quickly and easily, thus you can always check out somewhere else. I actually dived in most places in 2001, and I feel that there are a lot more dive centres and liveaboards around nowadays.
Yours, Liberty

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom