Saddleback Clownfish in Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wolverine

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, this is a unusual question. In my recent trip to Puerto Galera in the Philippines, I came across a new type of anemonefish which, in the last 2 years of diving there, I have never encountered. A check on the net revealed it to be a type of saddleback clown. The colour is bright orange with a white saddle at the dorsal fin. However, they are not supposed to be distributed in the Philippines. Anyone can clarify if they are supposed to be found in the south pacific?

BTW, the little SOB bit me while I was trying to take a picture of shrimps on the anemone. Really aggressive fish and followed be out almost 8ft from its home anemone.

Check with www.fishbase.com

They try to maintain the most up-to-date distribution info.

Found it. It is found in the Philippines. :p silly me..

They're quite common here in the Dumaguete area. I think they're the most agressive species I've come across, especially when they're guarding eggs. Some of them dive inside the anemone if you get too close.

Back
Top Bottom