Sad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While the info about drug violence in MX & re-routed cruise ships isn't directly related to the story, the writer couldn't help but include it.
Ummmmm. I think you are overly sensitive. That section was more like "violence has been a problem elsewhere, but not in Cozumel:.

FNC article:
Cozumel, one of Mexico's most popular tourist destinations, is far removed from the drug gang violence plaguing the country's northern border with the U.S. and parts of its Pacific coast. Violence is rare on the island off the Yucatan peninsula, known for its clear blue seas, scuba diving and snorkeling.

The death in Cozumel came as several cruise ship companies are canceling stops in the Mexican Pacific port of Mazatlan due to crimes against tourists.

Read more: Cruise Ship Musician Found Dead in Cozumel - FoxNews.com

I am not a big fan of Fox news either. It looks like that article was written by the AP not Fox news. It has all the sad facts but adds the other issues that Mexico faces that are unrelated to travel to Cozumel. I hope the murder is investigated and solved and then reported.

Geez Charlie, I bet you're a joy to live with. :)

@cvchief, do you have a link to the article in spanish?

Thank you. Going back I see that yes, I could view the original. Not that familiar with Google Translate, so sorry to bug you. Thanks again.

No problemo, I was just afraid it wasn't displaying same stuff when you clicked on the link as I was seeing. You know the "it works for you but doesnt come up right for anyone else" kinda thing.

Here's a link to the story being discussed on ScubaDiving Magazine's D2D (Diver to Diver) board.
I posted a loosely translated English version of the Por Esto! story. (Their version of Fox news)

Cozumel Death discussed on D2D Board

The Por Esto article is in Spanish. The links to their articles usually don't last that long but you can still search their archives.

Por Esto! Article

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom