Sad Ending For Batangas Thresher Sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It doesn't matter how many executive orders are passed, if these fishermen don't have any food to eat, these sharks are still going to be caught and sold. Giving them an alternative means of livelihood would be a good place to start. Executive orders are just ink on paper with no one to enforce them. We can't even guard our own coastline against foreign poachers, I doubt that we would have the resources to catch local fishermen. Usually, government officials just turn a blind eye, until it gets on the news.

We can't even guard our own coastline against foreign poachers, I doubt that we would have the resources to catch local fishermen. Usually, government officials just turn a blind eye, until it gets on the news.

...actually we can be and are quite good at protecting what is ours but money talks, and it talks a lot.

What is the ruling on taking shark anyway? I have been unsuccessful finding any rules or regulations governing the taking of shark in our municipality (or Federal law for that matter).

at least it didn't end up at the corner of StoCristo St., across Divisoria Mall, otherwise it will be very competative with the BLACKSPOT SHARKS! plenty to buy daily! cheap pa! thats mean eating mercury too!

A little bit more than a week ago, they wer chopping up a thresher shark right on Sabang beach...:shakehead: It was sad...

Nonetheless, I agree that there needs to be education and alternative income sources to help these fishermen move on to other occupations! Leave the coast guard to take care of foreign poachers who kill by the boatload...

Cheers!:coffee:

let us also help those people who are pushing to conserve the thresher sharks. balance in ecosystem should be maintained

Why is it that when man kills man for money it's murder and everyone crys and wants justice, but when man kills animal for money it's justified by our means to make money or feed a family? Yet when an animal kills man they are hunted and slaghtered untill we are satisfied that they have paid there debt to us?

We are slowly killing ourselves by the senseless killing of millions of sharks each year and the worlds goverments won't do anything to stop it.

Sorry it just make me sad to see these animals killed so needlessly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom