Saba Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tim, I had similar feelings about Saba. I liked the clean, manicured, safe, friendly island. It is the safest island in the Caribe. Little gingerbread cottages, all with red roofs, and the selection of affordable restaurants. I liked it more than Dominica, by far. The diving is different, deep pinnacles, but not dissapointing. I would go back.

You recommend your travel agent but they did not get you a flight with enough time to make your conections. Did I understand you properly?

Good report.

We absolutely loved Saba. We have been to the keys (middle and upper) , Coz, Cayman, Curacao, Belize, Statia, Bahamas and Flower Gardens and Saba is by far my favorite. Mainly because it is a total package, above and below water. My alltime favorite dive is Diamond Rock. It is a pinnacle but not as deep as the Eye of the Needle or Third Encounter. We took the kids (ages 6 and 10) and the in laws and there was more than enough for everyone to do. We stayed at Julianna's in Flossie's Cottage and also dove with Sea Saba. Saba is a perfect place if you are looking for a safe, laid back vacation. If you are searching for nightlife look somewhere else. By the way, there is a seasonal beach in Saba. We were there in late May/early June and there was a small black sand beach. The surf was a bit much for the kids but we had fun searching for crabs and soaking in the beauty of the island.

Thanks for the report....helps to keep us informed.

We dove with Dick, some French guy (new), and some other very qualified DM's whose names I do not remember (sorry bad with names).

Tim Ingersoll:
Thanks bro. You were right. . .now if they could just teleport me to the Northern Pacific so I don't have to travel for two days!!! Seriously, that travel kicked my *** and my wife will only put up with so many "I'm leaving for two weeks to the other side of the world without you or the kids." I may have to wait for a few years before I get back there.

That travel really kicked my butt on the way back, since I was traveling in the wrong direction......from a dive trip not to a dive trip! My wife says she'll go anywhere but hates the long plane ride...26hrs to Cairns and then another 3 to west New Britain, but the diving was spectacular. I'll be diving back in the Caribbean soon.

I was thinking about your signature...

So I got a tattoo of a turtle on my arm and the woman on a dive boat said "Oooh that's a nice tattoo. Do you like turtles?"

You should've replied "Yes, they are delicious!"

Just in case anyone thought I was kidding about the iguana!!

recent

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom