Saba/Statia/St Kitts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mandrake:
Solo cert -- only thing I learned was that I hate having a pony bottle slung on my side, I'd much rather have it mounted to my tank out of the way, like I've always done previously. I seriously doubt you'd have much to learn from it either.

Is it possible to rent a pony and the necessary--preferably tank--mounting hardware in Saba? We're going in Dec, and I'm a bit concerned about my air usage on long, deep dives. Of course, they seem to also have 100 cf tanks.

erichK:
Is it possible to rent a pony and the necessary--preferably tank--mounting hardware in Saba? We're going in Dec, and I'm a bit concerned about my air usage on long, deep dives. Of course, they seem to also have 100 cf tanks.

Whoa, this thread was resurrected from the dead. I was on a live-aboard so can't answer your question. I know there is at least one dive shop on Saba, but didn't do more than walk past.

This is one thread I am glad was resurrected! I hadn't seen it before (was in Hawaii in Feb, I think).

Love the photo gallery...some nice angles on some of the critters makes a lot of difference to the "common" critters!

As am I, we are doing this trip over New Years. Any specific advice to share? Land tours? I've heard various things about which ones are worthy,.

And very very nice work. I like the WA on the wreck

Re: solo cert. Why did you get it? Is it a requirement of the boat?

Chris

ChrisM:
As am I, we are doing this trip over New Years. Any specific advice to share? Land tours? I've heard various things about which ones are worthy,.

And very very nice work. I like the WA on the wreck

Re: solo cert. Why did you get it? Is it a requirement of the boat?
Chris

Solo Cert was a requirement for solo diving. On this particular trip I had plenty of potential dive buddies and they weren't paranoid about people becoming slightly separated from their buddies, unlike some places I've seen. In the end I only got the certification and resumed buddy diving (more or less). I just wanted to have it.

Land tours: I'm glad I went on the Saba tour, but I skipped Statia in favor of 1 or 2 dives. I didn't want to be piled into a rickety old van with 15 other people again, but the people who went on the trip enjoyed it. I most likely would not have. St Kitts didn't interfere with any dives (last day) and was a lot of fun. If you want to dive and don't care about touring, which is usually the case for me, then dive away.

Back
Top Bottom