Saba - Great experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Decided on relatively short notice to take my annual December get away. I planned and booked only two weeks in advance. Waffled a bit between Curaçao and someplace new, and glad I tried Saba. With only five days including travel, I ended up being limited to two days under the water, but it was great.

Sea Saba was a great shop, and the whole team made sure that the time on Saba was a great experience, including arranging all transfers to the dock and airport from my hotel, and making dinner reservations each night. This was in addition to very high quality Dive Masters and Instructors that are pushed to go beyond the basics and really understand the geography and wildlife of this terrific destination.

We saw Sharks and turtles on most dives, and despite rough conditions, made it out to one of the pinnacles Saba is famous for. Pretty cool dropping into what looks like open ocean and finding a very healthy reef environment at the top of the pinnacle. Even given the rough sea state, the lee side of the island shelters things enough to be very comfortable.

Easy flights from St Martin, with altitude low enough that you can dive and fly back the same day.

I will be back!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for the trip report. I am planning to go when I get the chance. Any restaurant recommendations?
There are several great restaurants including Eden, Bistro Del Mar, Queens Garden and for great BBQ Swinging Doors.

........ for great BBQ Swinging Doors.

Well maybe not great BBQ but good BBQ at a very good price for Saba and and a fun place. We ate there twice on a 9 day trip. Our favorite was Restaurant Eden. Saba Treasures in the middle of town was surprising decent with fair prices. We also liked Tropics Cafe. The Brigadoon was good food but for a higher end place we enjoyed Eden much much more, we should have skipped Brigadoon and done Eden two nights.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom