Saba-First Time There

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jcm1911a1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife and I along with two others are trying to plan a trip to Saba in November. None of us have ever been there and just wondering what is the best way to fly in from the U.S.? I've tried other searches but not coming up with anything too helpful.

You will have to fly to Sint Maarten and take the ferry or plane to Saba; the runway is extremely small and only supports inter-island travel.

I've tried other searches but not coming up with anything too helpful.

We love Saba. As a rule we don't go to the same place more than once. There are too many other places in the world to see. Saba is the exception to that and we've been three times. You need to appreciate it for everything it is AND everything it isn't. I could go on about what we love about it but your question was about getting there. From the US you fly into St Martin and make the short 30 mile jump to Saba via Winair or one of the ferries. Pre-COVID there were two ferries much of the time but I believe it is down to one ferry now. All three times we've flown via Winair and that's what I would recommend. It's fun being able to tell people you've landed on the shortest commercial runway in the world. It's shorter than an aircraft carrier. My profile picture is me helping in the Saba Conservation Foundation Coral Nursery last year.

For flying to Saba, you'll have to search flights to St Maarten (SXM) and from SXM to Saba (SAB) separately. The only airline that flies to Saba, Win Air, does not have code sharing arrangements with many other airlines, so trying to book from the US directly to Saba usually won't turn up any results.

Larry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom