S&S YS-60 + Canon G10... how to work? help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sogig

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hi there,

My friend just gave me a S&S YS-60 (with TTL I think, actually I have no idea what is that), and I have a G10 with the original underwater case... is there any accessory I need to make this work... appranently the stricbe light doesn't go with the G10 original case

many thanks

Lawrence

Lawrence--Thats a tough one. The YS-60 looks to be cable (wire) fired only, so a fiber optic cable won't work and the Canon housing has no port for a wire cable connection. You could hang on to the YS-60 and make use of it as a 2d strobe, running a wire cable from a slaved strobe (like the YS110A, DX-27 etc)to the YS-60--but chances are you aren't into a 2 strobe setup at this point? Selling the YS-60 and going w/ an optically fired strobe (that is triggered via fiber optic) is another possibility. In above water strobes you used to be able to get a slave/hot shoe adapter that was triggered by another flash and sent a signal (via wire and/or hot shoe) to fire a non-slaved strobe. Not at all sure if someone makes such a thing for UW work though. // ww

thanks guys, it seems I need to return the YS-60 to my friend and get an new strobe ....

Cable will be fine for matched houseing

however there is no way to attach this to his Canon OEM Houseing...

he will only be able to trigger with a optic cable from his cameras standard flash

best to look at a optic fired strobe 27DX Ion D2000 remora etc...

Back
Top Bottom