S.S. Turkia worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pyro_

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
looking at possibly doing a north read sea liveaboard later this year. Did south and DE last December. One of the trips I saw was to go up and do north and S.S. Turkia as well just wondering if anyone has done that one and is it worth it vs the regular north Red Sea trips since it appears they are only running the trip up to the turkia once this year

I think it was worth it. It's not as interesting regarding cargo as the Thistlegorm, but it's a beautiful wreck, better preserved than the Thistlegorm probably because it's less being dived. The engine room with the steam engine was the most interesting part for me.

To my knowledge there's only one Red Sea dive company that dives the Turkia. Don't have pictures of my own, but here's a link that has some info: SS Turkia - Red Sea Wreck • Red Sea Liveaboards. Being this remote also means not many divers have seen it :)

A warning though: the water is some degrees colder tthis far North than Hurghada let alone even more south. Take at least a cap with you, I considered the water quite chilly end of November = 18 degrees celcius vs 22 outside Hurghada.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom