S.Leyte and Alona Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeff, try hosting your photos on www.flicr.com or www.photobucket.com

and then embed them into your posts here by using "
"

Hey Jeff99, we will be staying at Isis Bungalows for a whole week, OW will be taken at the Phil Islands Divers right next door (I think). Hope my trip will be just as unforgettable and memorable as yours.

Hi star. We stayed at Isis for a few days after a week on Cabilao Island. New resort, small but very nice. We stayed in #8 which is over the restaurant and had 2 big windows overlooking the ocean. I'll post some pics.

IMG_2904.jpg

IMG_2858.jpg

IMG_2908.jpg

IMG_5514.jpg

IMG_5472.jpg

that last shot looks like Dumaguete

i stayed at Isis' for four days last august06 too. the manager,cindy (i hope i remember her name right) is absolutely charming.

and their grilled seafood during the evening is really affordable and yummy. i only paid Php250 for what could have been a Php800-900 Lapulapu in Boracay or Manila.

and no, i didn't eat it all by myself. hmmph.

Actually David, I thought the same thing!

Lots of cheap places to eat there Maggie and great food. We tried to book the Alona Palm Beach but it is booked more than a month in advance.

the year before that, we stayed at Crystal Cove Resort, that resort located on the hill, right after alona palm. it was under renovation starting 2006. Holger of Phil Divers told me they are constructing a resort and 5-star dive center facility complete with infinity pool and other superb facilities.

i wonder if it was done by now. i never heard anything about it having a soft opening.

I finally got my OW certification in Alona Beach. It was magnificent down there! I decided to take a few more dives and it was such a thrill being in the middle of a talakitok (Jacks) tornado. I don't think I will get over that!

I have to snap out of my diving-day-dreaming spells on the flight back home as thoughts keep drifting back to what I have experienced underwater.

I will be back real soon to check out Balicasag and Cabilao. But first, I have to fine tune my bouyancy skills and plan dives with experienced friends who are more than willing to teach me a whole lot.

Diving makes me so happy and I smile a lot, thus flooding my mask :) Good thing that mask clearing was taught during the pool session so that was managed pretty well.

I can't wait for my next dive in 2 weeks. I will use every opportunity to try on different equipment/gear so I can make up my mind and buy my own.

Oops getting a bit off topic, I better head back to the equipment/gear thread and continue reading about it...

Cheerios

smash- glad you had a blast with your certification course. and oh, yes, keep diving! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom