Rydec Hoses - urgent advise needed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No problem. Just one thing to clarify:

7' hose is ment for doubles, for singles I need a 5' one

A 7' hose is designed to allow airsharing during a restricted exit eg cave or wreck. Since you wouldn't be doing that on a single tank, it's common to use a 5' hose on singles, as I do. However some people like to use a 7' hose on singles as well for consistency, and if you're always diving with a can light, it works well since you can stow the excess hose under it

No problem. Just one thing to clarify:

A 7' hose is designed to allow airsharing during a restricted exit eg cave or wreck. Since you wouldn't be doing that on a single tank, it's common to use a 5' hose on singles, as I do. However some people like to use a 7' hose on singles as well for consistency, and if you're always diving with a can light, it works well since you can stow the excess hose under it

And many divers use much shorter hoses, such as 30 inches.

...and if you're always diving with a can light, it works well since you can stow the excess hose under it...

No, I haven't got a can light yet. I ordered a 5' hose. But it also will have some excess length. How do you route and stow yours?

Out the RHS of your first stage, under your right shoulder, across your chest, over your left shoulder and behind your head. Unless you're really really skinny there won't be any excess length. You need to practice deploying the hose, because if you air-share you will be donating your primary then switching to your bungeed backup. Put a bolt-snap on the second stage end of trhe hose so you can clip it off when not in use. Look at the photo in my profile

Look at the photo in my profile

Great picture.:) I wish it had a better resolution but I got the idea. Does the backup air hose come also from the RHS straight over your right shoulder toward the necklace?

BTW two offtopics: 1) You have a GUE certificate. I observe that many GUE divers do not use the yellow octopuses. Is it because you share the the air through the primary reg or is there another reason? I assumed that the only difference between, let's say, a XTX50 and a XTX50 Octo is the color. Or is there anything else?

2) Are these your fins behind you in the picture? Are they Scubapro Jetfins?

Last edited:
In answer to your questions: yes, yes, yes, yes & yes

This pic might make the hose routing clearer; despite being in Polish and showing a 7' hose on doubles, the same concept applies to a 5' primary/single tank setup

hogarthian.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom