RX100 IV-NAUTICAM HOUSING ZOOM?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PACKRMAN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have the Nauticam housing for the RX100 IV, mounted on a two handle Flexitray. Love the camera, love the housing, the only thing I struggle with is operating the zoom lever while trying to take a picture. I have to take my right hand off the handle, adjust the zoom, put my hand back, focus, then shoot. I think I am missing something, it seems like it should be easier than that. Am I missing something obvious?

I generally have to do the same. Since I use the WWL-1, I usually just zoom in to around 28mm at the beginning of the dive, and then "zoom" with my body of I feel I need a closer shot of something. Generally you'll get much better results with this method anyway since you want to minimize water (and the particulates therein) in-between you and your subject.

If you don't have a 3D printer then you have two-ish options.

1. Use Shapeways.com to have it printed and shipped to you. Shapeways is an online service that will 3D print and ship parts to you. The way this works is you download the file from Thingiverse, create a free Shapeways account, then upload the .STL file from Thingiverse that you downloaded earlier and pick your material, color, etc. With a black nylon material (reasonable choice for this application), you'd be looking at $9.90 total (printing cost plus shipping) and you'd get it somewhere around the 18th of April.
  2. I'd be happy to print it for you and ship it as well for just the cost of shipping. :). Likely somewhere in the neighborhood of $5.
Let me know if you have any questions!

If you don't have a 3D printer then you have two-ish options.

1. Use Shapeways.com to have it printed and shipped to you. Shapeways is an online service that will 3D print and ship parts to you. The way this works is you download the file from Thingiverse, create a free Shapeways account, then upload the .STL file from Thingiverse that you downloaded earlier and pick your material, color, etc. With a black nylon material (reasonable choice for this application), you'd be looking at $9.90 total (printing cost plus shipping) and you'd get it somewhere around the 18th of April.
  2. I'd be happy to print it for you and ship it as well for just the cost of shipping. :). Likely somewhere in the neighborhood of $5.
Let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you, it turns out I know a guy. I'm waiting for him to return my call now. If I run into problems I will shout.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom