Russian KN-4 Booster Pump

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andrew Donn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Russian KN-4 Booster Pump for sale

Single-Stage/Double-Acting booster pump built for Russian military. Converted to 115/230V 60 Hz US spec motor from Dayton that is currently configured to run on 115V. It will pop a 15 amp circuit breaker at about 3600 psi. With the swap of a few wires and the plug it can run on 230V. Running on 230V it will pump to 4500 psi from experience.

O2 Clean with upgraded Viton seals. Unit comes with extra set of seals, full set of tools and complete set of spare parts.

Price is $2400. Shipping will be extra if pickup cannot be arranged. Shipping will be by commercial carrier and can be arranged through Freightquote.com. The unit will come boxed and palleted, weighs 250 pounds, Freight Class 85, Dimensions 40x24X31 inches.

IMG_4604s_zpsobiz6zd9.jpg

Price drop on the booster pump to $2000 or make an offer.

Dropping the price on the booster pump to $1800.

Assuming this can safely pump O2 (which i do not know), this seems like a heck of a deal. Haskels run on compressed air, and the cost of a compressor big enough to drive, say, an AG30 to rated pressure is significant (like $1K) by itself. Even used/rebuilt Haskels are going to run a couple thousand bucks. Plus, this is almost certainly far less noisy than a Haskel and compressor. I wear hearing protection when I use mine. Finally, a full set of spares and tools is a great bonus.

Andrew and I have never met, but if I didn't already own my Haskel and compressor, I'd give this a hard look for the price. Even if it's not safe for O2 but works for Helium it's probably worth it. O2 is fairly cheap. He, not so much.

Just my 2 PSIG.

John

Thanks. This unit is perfectly safe for O2. I've used it for years for that purpose. The main seals are Viton, a modern day replacement for the original leather seals. In terms of economics one would just need to add a set of whips, plug it in and you are off and pumping.

Last edited:
I have had a number of discusions with people concerned about the size of the booster. The dimensions listed above are for the shipping container which is much larger than the pump. The booster itself is only 10" wide X 31" long X 19" tall. The base is only 7 inches wide but the output regulator sticks out a little more making it a bit wider. It isn't small by any means but perhaps smaller than the shipping dimensions suggest. It is roughly the size of an AGT-15/30. Hope that clarifies things.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom