Russian diver attacked by fish at Similans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crowley:
*laughing*

I wasn't aware of the cone thingy until I read that and you're right, I hdan't really noticed any method to their mayhem!

I had a little purple trigger (not sure of species, they're only about 6 inches long) and it just kept swimming round in a circle, bopping me on the mask, right between my eyes...

Managed to take this photo of it on one of its attack runs...!

Right on,

Nobody informed those Triggers about the cone they're supposed to stay in, they definately missed that part of the manual.
I've witnessed several attacks and experienced a few as well in person. Sometimes, when they sneak up behind you, there's not much one can do initially. Also witnessed a few injuries caused by Titans, they can be very nasty.

From my own observations, once they start the 45 degree angle and start eyeing you with one eye, that's when they're in a bad mood and are ready to have a go at you. BTW, they don't seem to fancy DPV's too much, he he he :eyebrow: .

MoonWrasse:
“I didn’t see the fish. I think it was a barracuda,” he added.

Those darned sand dwelling barracuda anyway! hehehehe Perception is better than reality.

I vote trigger, too, coz they are vicious :eyebrow:

while we're on the topic of triggers... here's a vid I took when my buddy entered the "cone of death"... He was completely oblivious to the trigger making runs at his fins. I was laughing too hard about the trigger and my buddy's floppy/ inefficient fins... of course, by then I didn't realize now I was right above the trigger's nests... dooh!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom